DevOps Global Manager
Location: France (Remote)
Salary: Flexible salary can be offered depending on level of experience
A leading software company is looking for an experienced DevOps Global Manager, who can lead a team of engineering professionals. This team will be responsible for automating the build, test, and deployment processes for the product lines.
Ideally, you will enjoy developing interpersonal relationships, and your leadership skills should motivate and inspire those around you.
Streamlining processes, taking developed code, and transforming it into deployed software is the DevOps Team’s daily work and the individual leading this team should take great care fostering an environment where team members thrive in efficiency and productivity, all whilst having fun!
The DevOps Manager engages direct reports with their work and teams, ensuring a feeling of connectivity to the company.
- Giving positive feedback when applicable, allowing employees to realize their efforts are appreciated.
- Developing a trust-based relationship by setting clear expectations, empowering team members to make decisions and take risks, showing support when things do not go as expected, coaching to learn from mistakes.
- Addressing the areas of opportunity that are blocking the success of employees in a respectful and timely manner.
- Setting development goals and following up with honest feedback
- Communicating Corporate, Department and Product decisions with direct reports and showing support for the decisions.
Understand the objectives of the Engineering team, proposing and driving engineering efficiency initiatives, within and beyond your direct sphere of influence.
The company values:
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture, identifying and driving the necessary process, tools, and behaviour changes to increase the productivity of the teams.
- Having a global engineering mind-set, contributing on projects to bring unity in how the company works, such as KPIs/Goals /Metrics
- Collecting and exposing data to foster a culture of data-driven behaviours.
- Developing awareness for quality by identifying and supporting quality initiatives responsibly.
You will work closely with the Development and QA Engineers, contributing to technology insight and an engineering perspective to help define, implement, and maintain standardized state-of-the-art DevOps tools and methodologies to support an agile software organization.
More specifically this person will be:
- Engaging regularly with Development and QA Engineers to have a solid understanding of the product vision, roadmap and business drivers that impact the product decisions.
Take global responsibility for:
- Developing and maintaining the build infrastructure
- Configuration management and package strategies
- Supporting Continuous Testing and Continuous Delivery Service
- Providing the infrastructure needs for automated testing.
- Defining, implementing, and maintaining standardized state of the art tools and methodologies to support an agile software organization, staying abreast of technology and market changes that may affect or enhance our processes and tools.
- Manage a team that supports a worldwide Development and QA team with tools, automation, and hardware assistance.
- Collaborate with the IT department to ensure uninterrupted technical/IT business operations (VPN, Developer Zone, Server Management)
- Proposing and owning technical projects that you can drive.
- Having project ownership, being accountable for the delivery.
- Directly supporting Scrum Teams/Squads in a consulting role.
- Continuously investigating and proposing technologies that can improve how we solve problems or how we work.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years in a lead Engineering Role, at least 5 years as a team manager (with direct reports)
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages required.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience defining and setting up KPIs and objectives.
- Data driven. Acts based on information and motivates behaviour changes based on data.
- Good communication, establish a culture of trust, represent core values.
- Proven record of fostering a culture of motivated and driven engineers.
- Critical eye for efficiency and best practices
- Proficiency with Windows, Linux or MacOS operating system
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with 3D computer graphics concepts, including data structures, algorithms, and APIs.
- Working with/Leading a global team
- Speaks French.