Senior CAE Software Engineer
Location: EMEA Remote (Preferably France)
Salary: There can be flexibility on salary depending on the experience level
The Senior CAE Software Engineer, working within the CAE software development kits, will primarily focus on CAE data processing including interoperability, meshing, and solving. The individual in this role should be a FEA expert and be responsible for and contribute to the success of the CAE product line up, including optimizing systems, troubleshooting, and solving intricate problems.
- Participate in the maintenance and development of the Visual Kinematics suite of SDKs.
- Focus on the interoperability and meshing SDKs from Visual Kinematics
- Enhance the CAE team’s overall competence in FEA data understanding and processing.
- Contribute to the elaboration of a performance and regression testing system.
- Participate in technical marketing actions.
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years in a CAE development position or in related occupation
- Experience developing FEA solvers or meshers
- Established knowledge of C/C++.
- Working familiarity with the input/output of major commercial finite element codes
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.
- Excellent skill writing and debugging C++ code.
- Experience with software development on both Windows and Linux
- Exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Nice to Have:
- HDF5 API
- Knowledge of Python and FORTRAN
- Knowledge of CAE-focused toolkits (Ceetron Components, DevTools, VTK, FEMTools, CM2 MeshTools, PetsC, MUMPS, MKL Pardiso, etc.)
- Intel TBB
- Working with a global team