Job title: Field Service Engineer/ Applications Engineer
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
Location: Austin, Texas
An Additive Manufacturing company is looking for a Field Applications and Support Engineer. The individual will be providing applications and training support to customers and partners as well as troubleshooting any issues when they arise.
- Deliver any technical assistance and training to customers in support of company products
- Communicate professionally and clearly with both internal and external customers to provide an exceptional level of customer experience
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams to develop training plans for customers and employees
- Support staff and sub-contractors to determine any platform defects and guide solutions
- Resolve any complex machine operation problems by assisting staff or sub-contractors
- The ability to determine service level issues directly or indirectly, with customers
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers to promote any company products and study equipment faults
- Address any customer complaints and answer questions effectively
- Interchange troubleshooting and diagnostic issues with the appropriate department.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to read and understand a wide variety of manuals for set-up, calibration, operating, repair, maintenance, testing, and quality.
- An electromechanical background
- Military background preferred, not essential
- The ability to assess equipment faults and irregularities considering all possible scenarios
- A hands-on aptitude with mechanical and electrical systems as pertains to additive manufacturing
- BS in a technical field of study (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Equivalent Military Technical Training, or 3-5 years of Service/Applications/Training experience.