QA Software Engineer (SDET)
Location: France (Remote)
Salary: There is a level of flexibility on the salary for the right level of experience
The QA Software Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise in analysis, development, and execution of automation scripts. Using Agile methodology, you will work closely with the entire scrum team to assist in automated testing. Additionally, you will be responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of automation testing tools.
- Own the product test planning for various product releases.
- Contribute to authoring of automated functional and performance testing using existing frameworks.
- Work closely with the development team using agile development methodology.
- Participating in all aspects of the development process and product lifecycle, from product definition through release and support, to ensure quality throughout
- Continuously analyze results of tests to detect problems in the products.
- Perform white and black box testing operations to validate the products and identify defects.
- Provide feedback on and suggest improvements to product documentation, programming examples, etc.
- A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of previous experience as a QA Automation Engineer required
- Previous experience in authoring automated programs with one or more programming languages – C++, C#, Java
- Experience in using a test case repository tool like QMetry to store test cases, execute and report on test results
- Experience with configuration of automated Jenkins jobs and views that integrate with Bitbucket
- Experience across the spectrum of QA: Write automated white-box tests, author black-box test cases and automated system test
- Proficiency with Windows, Linux or MacOS operating system to be able to configure machines for the test lab based on the product requirements and associated software dependencies.
- Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills to able to triage a failure and do a Root Cause Analyses (RCA)
- Ability to write SQL scripts to access/update/create tests in RDBMS databases
Nice to have:
- Experience in setting up of continuous integration of automated tests with Docker and Git on Amazon Web services platforms and on-prem hardware
- Familiarity with 3D computer graphics concepts, including data structures, algorithms, and APIs
- Familiarity with geometry libraries like ACIS, Parasolid or OpenCascade
- Familiarity with concepts in Mechanical CAD, CAE and BIM