Industry: 3D printing
An additive manufacturing company is looking for a senior CAD/CAM Engineer, the individual will be reporting to the head of Engineering. As a senior CAD/CAM you will be Designing and redesigning customer parts for additive manufacturing (DED & SLM) using complex CAD/CAM software, such as Siemens NX as well as carrying out other key responsibilities.
- Program hybrid 5-axis Additive Machining Centres on horizontal and vertical platforms.
- Support post-processor development in collaboration with CAD/CAM supplier, factories, and customers.
- Organize and carry out design and software workshops and trainings for customers and team members, both remotely and at customer site.
- Coordinate additive manufacturing customer relationships for existing and future software licenses.
- Evaluate innovative features to be included in future software releases and coordinate implementation with software supplier.
- Identify software trends and evaluate software innovation for technology advancement.
- Conduct feasibility and time studies for customer parts and support complex customer turn-key projects.
- Support costumers in Siemens NX and communicate frequently with internal technical staff, and external customers.
- Support sales meetings, exhibitions, and conferences.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, Master’s Degree preferred (engineering).
- 5-10 years of experience with 5-axis CAD/CAM systems, especially with Siemens NX.
- Experience with design for additive manufacturing (DfAM) is a plus.
- Experience with simulation software (FEM) and topology optimization or generative design is a plus.
- Proven experience to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences, developing and maintaining professional relationships with customers.
- Proven organizational skills, with high attention to detail.
- Comfortable and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel for costumer support.