Job title: Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
An Additive Manufacturing company is looking for an Additive Manufacturing Engineer to provide support for the production process within the company, including participation in arranging materials for printing, engaging with customers, and CAD modelling.
- The ability to design AM builds for production and R&D functions
- To provide technical support in resolving process-related issues and customer complaints
- The ability to maintain and regulate machinery operating instructions and any related equipment processing parameters
- The ability to have external/internal technical contact for the additive manufacturing process for electron beam melting and direct metal laser melting
- Create insight into process variables and key process values to guarantee reliable results
- Assess and execute tools and techniques to boost monitoring during the Additive Manufacturing process to ensure the quality of the final part.
- Work in partnership with Operations and Maintenance personnel to improve manufacturing processes and standards that increase safety in the workplace, equipment performance, and product quality
- Manage, plan, and execute product/process continuous improvement programs that support the Additive Manufacturing Team
- Support Product Engineering and R&D in the development, evaluation, and standardization of new products and processes
- The ability to build and retain technical expertise in Additive Manufacturing processing of Ni/Ti/Al-based alloys, through experimentation and technical literature review
- The ability to attend technical conferences.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with powder bed fusion or laser or EBM
- At least 2 years’ experience in Additive Manufacturing
- The ability to review engineering drawings and execute a build
- Experience with CAD modelling software
- Bs in Engineering
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering