Job title: Head of Operations
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
Salary range: $180,000 - $200,000 plus bonus plus equity (for the right candidate)
Location: Los Angeles, North West region, CA. (Santa Clarita, Ventura)
A world leading Additive Manufacturing company is hiring for a Head of Operations. This is the perfect opportunity to join a company that is rapidly growing and already has significant market penetration. You will be at the forefront of the Aerospace and Additive Manufacturing technologies and will be responsible for developing and coordinating production, quality, and maintenance activities of the Additive Manufacturing (AM) facility.
- Devise and implement a robust set of manufacturing KPIs that are fit for purpose to scale operations to a 100 strong facility
- Run the production and operations business unit including printing, post-processing, inspection and shipping.
- Schedule production plans and assets whilst interfacing with engineering, sales, and program management to provide time estimates for prospective and ongoing work.
- Work alongside program management team to manage external vendor/site operations into production.
- Responsible for machine utilisation and production outputs.
- Collaborate with engineering, machine OEMs, company leadership to procure and install additional capacity and capabilities such as CNC 5-axis machining, heat treatment, and coatings
- Manage and develop the quality organization, facilitate, and ensure preparation for AS9100 audits, implement QMS ensuring integration with MES and ERP systems.
- Support with assessment, procurement, and implementation of an additive MES system
- Deliver feedback to sales and engineering to support with quotation and proposal development.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Prior experience in Additive Manufacturing and Aerospace
- Understanding of machining and other post-process operations
- Understanding of ERP, MES, and QMS systems
- Prior supervisory experience