Business Development Manager
- Identify potential applications for metal powders in the North American market (USA, Canada & Mexico).
- Conduct customer visits, deliver educational presentations, and engage in technical discussions to evaluate applications.
- Utilize the Sales Force platform to log sales promotion activities and review RFQ/Quote pipeline on a weekly basis.
- Execute marketing campaigns promoting powder capabilities through email campaigns, webinars, phone calls, etc., and evaluate the efficacy of efforts periodically.
- Effectively use prospecting tools like internet-based customer databases, web searches, cold calls, and networking. Generate a monthly report covering activities such as the number of prospective customers evaluated, sales promotion visits made, brochures/samples mailed, etc.
- After successful order closure, closely interact with teams for a smooth introduction of programs into production. Facilitate necessary information and communication between relevant teams.
- Develop suitable sales promotion plans for the region, including participation in trade shows and print media advertisements. Finalize plans by March each year and implement between April-March.
- Provide after-sales support to existing customers. Maintain a high level of customer confidence through continuous, professional, and precise communications.
- Involve closely with quality/delivery issues and support customers to retain confidence. Involve plant personnel in technical and commercial issues as needed.
- Closely coordinate with the quality team at the plant to resolve quality issues on any program at the customer end.
- Coordinate with the design/engineering team at the plant on design change requests from the customer.
- Coordinate between the customer AP and AR team when delinquency in the AR arises.
- The goal is to generate a $5 million market base in the first 18 months.
- Develop a minimum of 6 new viable customer bases for powder products in the first 12 months
• Degree/Diploma in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering with 4~8 years of industrial experience, preferably in sales/customer support/product development.
• Aptitude for sales and people skills is essential.
• Working knowledge of metal powder applications, additive manufacturing field, and basic understanding of metallurgy and metal applications is a must.